Application Deadline: 10/31/2018
The PURPOSE program application form should take under 30 minutes to complete, discounting the time it may take to prepare the other application components (e.g., writing a research goal statement, requesting an academic letter of reference). We recommend you review and prepare all application components (listed below) prior to beginning the application form. Please contact program coordinator, Erik Rawls, (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 850-645-2119) if you have any questions about the application process or components.
Application link: https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bIZeOG3C6MHBFJ3
The following are required criteria to apply for the fellowship:
- Enrolled in Spring 2019 semester at FSU or FAMU as an upperclassman (undergraduate) or beginning master’s (graduate) student seeking a degree (majoring or minoring) in Education or a related field (including but not limited to Communication Science and Disorders, English, Food Science, Psychology, and Sport Management)
- Enrolled at your institution through the fall 2019 semester
- Be available during the day in Tallahassee so you can work with your mentor and attend bi-weekly proseminars throughout the year, as well as participate at the 6-week Freedom Schools summer camp
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (if a permanent resident, please provide proof of U.S. residency)
- 3.0 GPA (undergraduate) / 3.3 GPA (graduate)
Additional application components
In addition to completing the following survey form, you submit several documents. Note: The application cannot be submitted without uploading the required documents.
- A statement describing your goals and how PURPOSE would help you achieve them, potential areas of research interest, including your interest in working with one or more faculty mentors, and any experiences working in research and/or education (You will upload this document during the application; there is also a question in the application requiring you to rank your top three mentor preferences)
- Invite a faculty member or other to speak to your potential for graduate study and conducting research in education to send a letter of recommendation to PURPOSE (Required referee contact information required by the application includes their name, title, institution, and email address; the referee will send their letter of reference to the PURPOSE Training Director, Alysia Roehrig: email@example.com).
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) academic transcript(s) (Required document upload within the survey)
- GRE scores (No required cutoff, but report if taken)